This world wide web is an interesting place, don’t ya think? Through the internet I’ve joined an International Quilting Bee, become part of a Family Home Evening Swap Group, and have been able to participate in various homeschool swaps. Through yahoo groups, discussion boards, blogs, and even Etsy I’ve been able to “meet” so many good women who share similar interests and concerns. Some I have been able to meet in person. Others I hope to meet someday if they’d just stop moving across the country, or even out of the country.
Through these associations I’ve had the blessing of being a recipient of much kindness – a note in my inbox, a package in the mail, words of encouragement left on blog posts, and even phone calls. It’s time to pay some of that goodness back to the bloggy world.
Antoinette @ ::clevergirl.org:: posted this pay-it-forward meme and I’m finally able to participate! For the first five bloggers to leave a comment on this post and commit to do the same pay-it-forward on their blogs I will do the following (and if you are one of the five this is what you will paste in your pay-it-forward post too) :
I am willing to post overseas (I am in the U.S.), but remember you must commit on your blog to do the same for others.
1. I make no guarantees that you will like what I send you. But you may be pleasantly surprised. It will definitely be sewing/craft related.
2. What I send will be made just for you, with love, by my own hands. You’d be surprised how much of our personalities does come through online.
3. I will complete all 5 gifts this year – 2009.
4. I will not give you any clue what it’s going to be. It will be something made in the real world, that you can touch and feel, and not something cyber.
5. I reserve the right to do something strange. It may be weird or beautiful. Or it may be monstrous and annoying. If you find it truly horrendous, just let me know. Perhaps you’ll send it forward to someone who will absolutely love it.
6. In return, all you need to do is post this text on your blog and make 5 things for the first 5 to respond to your blog post (one for each).
7. Send your mailing address – after I contact you to confirm.
**my own words now** I will make something unique for each individual tailoring it (hopefully) to your likes and interests but still throwing in some of my own quirks as well.
If you end up not being one of the five still leave a comment telling me what kind things others have done for you. I will randomly select three other individuals to send a handmade goodie to. Fair enough?