Have you ever used quiet books or file folder games to help your littler ones be more reverent during church? We use them for those younger than five to keep them busy and occupied during the one hour Sacrament meeting. Truth be told it also helps keep the slightly older ones occupied while they help the younger ones. ☺ I also utilize file folder games sometimes during the week to help keep the littles busy while we are trying to get school done with the older children.
|Reviewing the Teachings of King Benjamin|
This past Sunday they had a treat when I presented them with a new interactive Book of Mormon Story Book. It came as a pdf file which I printed, laminated and put together using velcro for the moveable pieces.
|Helping Nephi Build a Ship|
They had a great time reviewing the stories of Lehi and his family leaving Jerusalem, Nephi building a ship, King Benjamin teaching the people, Ammon tending the king’s sheep, and others. In all there are 9 stories covered in this first volume:
1. Lehi’s Family Leaves Jerusalem
2. Nephi and The Brass Plates
3. Nephi Builds a Ship
4. Enos Prays All Day
5. King Benjamin
6. King Noah and Abinadi
7. Alma Teaches the Nephites
8. Alma The Younger and The Sons of Mosiah
9. Ammon & King Lamoni’s Sheep
Natalie, the brains behind the book, created this video to show everything in it and how it works.
Cute, isn’t it?
And don’t worry if one of your child’s favorite stories isn’t covered in Volume 1. Volume 2 is coming soon! It will include the last 9 stories of the Book of Mormon…
-The Stripling Warriors
-Samuel the Lamanite
-Birth of Christ
-Jesus blesses the children
-The Brother of Jared
-Moroni buries the plates
Today Natalie and I have teamed up to give away two books! Two winners will receive the Interactive Book of Mormon for Children in PDF format to print, laminate, and create your own. There are so many ways you can use this book: create one big book, make two smaller books, or make the pages into nine file folder games. Don’t want to wait to see if you are a winner? They are conveniently priced at $9.99!
Here are the ways to enter the giveaway:
1. Leave a comment telling us what your child’s favorite Book of Mormon Story is.
2. Visit Natalie’s Interactive Book of Mormon for Children on etsy and like the page. You’ll find the button in the right column. Come back and leave a comment saying you did so.
3. Pin the Interactive Book of Mormon for Children on pinterest. Again the button can be found on the etsy page in the right column. Leave another comment saying you’ve pinned it.
Three entries are possible! Make sure to leave a separate comment for each entry. The giveaway will run until Friday, February 8th at 5pm PST. The giveaway is open to everyone no matter where you live in the world!