Shannon at Mom Loves Books tagged me for a random questions meme. Here’s what she asked and my answers.
1. Toddlers or Teens? Which is harder and why? Toddlers. They haven’t developed reasoning skills yet. It’s harder to help them learn the whys of what we do, what our rules are etc. The teens have been a breeze (so far).
2. What is your favourite Christmas tradition? It would have to be the advent calendar my father made for the kids. I stuff it with little treats or activities to do each day. There is also a slip of paper in each box with scriptures to read telling a little bit of Christ’s birth.
3. What do you do (if anything) for regular physical exercise? Chasing toddlers doesn’t count? I try to go walking/jogging at least three times a week. I also have some resistance bands and kettle bell that I try to use.
4. Country/Traditional/Eclectic or Modern – which is YOUR home decorating style? Definitely eclectic.
5. Baths or Showers? Which do you prefer and why? Showers. I’ve never been the kind that likes to take long baths. The first house we lived in after we were married just had a bathtub. After two weeks, Mr. FR couldn’t stand it anymore so he built a shower in the laundry room. It was a tiny house (800 sq ft). We lived there for six years with four of our children being born while we were there.
6. Have you ever lived abroad? Where and for how long? Nope, but I would love to live in Spain.
7. What is your favourite season and why? Autumn, autumn, autumn! I love the cooler temperatures, the colors, Thanksgiving, all things pumpkin, hot cocoa and my birthday (in November).
8. Are your parents still alive? If not, what do you miss most about them and if yes, have you told them today that you love them?
I’m lucky to have both my parents and three of my four grandparents still living. They have each taught me about joy, faith, service, love, and family.