We are in the process of decluttering at our house. I knew it needed to be done. Really needed to be done but I was too overwhelmed with all our stuff I didn’t know where to start. I kept putting it off.
Then a couple of weeks ago Jocelyn posted this on facebook and I knew it was just the thing to get me started!
Ann Marie at White House Black Shutters provides a download for planning what areas of your house to go through each day. It has really helped! I haven’t quite kept to the exact plan but I have been doing a little something every day and it adds up.
Here’s a little report of what I have done:
- Gone through all the kitchen drawers
- Got rid of half my cookie cutters
- Reduce the amount of aprons we have – this was particularly hard!
- Cleaned out the cupboards in the laundry room
- Got rid of half our flower vases
- Made an inventory of all our garden seeds
- Cleaned out the cupboards in the kids’ bathroom
- Gone through 2 bookshelves in our room (still have one to go)
- Filled a box with books to either sell or donate
- Went through the boys’ clothes and reduced the amount by 1/3
What system do you use to help you declutter? How do you keep on top of it once it is done?